I'm not the author Alan Glynn (click here for him) but fully recommend his novels Winterland & Darkfields

Friday, March 04, 2005

Da Opera with me Ma

Last night the Brennans went to visit their uncle Plunkett so me and the mother went to the opera in the Sydney Opera House. It was just amazing I certainly didn't expect it to be so good. It was Strauss's 'Die Fledermaus' and we'd front row seats, not the best acoustically apparently not that we'd notice but great view of the boys in the pit.

Me and Me Ma at d'Opera


The opera was really funny and understandable too, it was in English so that helped. We spent the intervals outside drinking champane looking out over Sydney harbor at the electrical storm rolling in. For someone who is used to Irish lightning storms the light show last night was amazing. I always imagined the Opera House being more interesting from the outside but the inside is just as good, it reminded me of Newgrange for some reason!!

No comments:

Post a Comment