I'm not the author Alan Glynn (click here for him) but fully recommend his novels Winterland & Darkfields

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Insured

I finally got our travel insurance sorted out. What a nightmare. Finding a reputable company and then reading through all the fine print to make sure "that it does exactly what it says on the tin". There are a surprisingly large number of Irish companies that do Backpacker insurance.

If you are interested I drew up this spreadsheet of Irish and UK Travel insurance providers and the cost of the policy plus a breakdown of the cover. I eventually went with gohop, they offered a middle of the road package with ski cover for 30 days for €289 per person compare that to Trailfinders' €680.I would also recommend Usits insurance but you have to book the trip through them to avail of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment